Driving the improvement agenda locally and globally
Sister School in China
Our sister school partnership in China has a positive impact on a range of areas of student learning and professional development for staff. There are a wealth of benefits from a Global perspective including the following:
- equipping students with 21st century skills enabling critical thinking, cross-cultural collaboration and a positive attitude to diversity
- greater competency and confidence in language and communication skills whilst building cultural awareness
- embracing the concept of global interconnectedness incorporating authentic collaborative learning activities
- development of cross-cultural communication and diplomacy skills and a deeper understanding of international issues
- development of international friendships and networks
- opportunities to benchmark practice against other school systems
- increased awareness of different education systems, including pedagogies and curriculum
- strengthened Information and Communication Learning Technology skills.
Charles Darwin University
We are an approved Charles Darwin University teaching school and offer opportunities to preservice teachers to complete a practicum at Darwin Middle School.